Baby Boy


My sister delivered her fifth child today, a beautiful little boy named Isaac. While she has been in the hospital, I've been staying with her four other children. It's now 9:45 at night, the kids are drifting off to sleep up in their beds, and I'm amazed at how completely exhausted I am. We had a blast playing at the park, watching movies, and flipping and jumping at a fun trampoline place nearby. But at the end of the day after all the fun things we'd done, all they could talk about was their brand new little brother who had just come into the world. They kept saying, "I can't believe he's here!" and "I wish that I could just hold him tonight." Before we went to bed, my sister's oldest son who's in fourth grade asked if we could say a prayer. He prayed for his mom, for his new little best buddy, and for everyone else in his family. I felt overwhelmed by how much their family means to my little nieces and nephews and it has helped me to realize how much my family means to me. I get so caught up in things that are so tangible and temporary. At the end of the day the only thing that really matters is how much I laughed with my siblings, how much I showed my husband that I love him, and how much I thanked my parents for everything they've done for me. Today was a sweet reminder to stop wasting my thoughts and my time on temporary things and start focusing more on my family. I love you family!

Comments

Popular Posts