My Source of Sanity Today


The alarm clock goes off at 6 am today. It's Tuesday. That means taking my friend and her darling little afro-haired boy to work and daycare. My bed doesn't want me to stop warming up its belly though...I'll stay in bed a little bit longer. It's 6:30. The next annoying buzzing coming from my phone is not the alarm, but an email from the CMO of my company essentially saying, "Get out of bed, twirp. I've got a whole pile of problems waiting for you to fix today at work." My headache starts. Is it bad that I already want a diet coke? What has corporate America made of me?!! Aren't I supposed to be wanting pancakes and eggs?! A diet coke?! I get to work. I grab a lemonade instead of a diet coke. The CMO calls me into his office for a meeting. I consider trading my lemonade for a diet coke. I come back to my desk, put in my earphones, and listen to Damien Rice. Umm... lovely piece of sanity. Thanks, Damien.

Comments

Stephanie said…
I love Damien Rice too. For the record, after that meeting I would have totally gotten a diet coke. You are much stronger than I.
Props to the Wonder Woman of Big X! I was sick to my stomach reading this - not becasue of nausea :-) Oh the memories! You're such a hard worker sis, I don't know how you manage it all!! Don't know who Mr. Rice is, but i'll definitely look him up and give a listen! Love and miss you!! Linz
jaci said…
You crack me up! I need to look this Damien guy up, too I guess! Ash, I love how you always change the shoes on your blog -- where do you find all the cute pics?
reagan: said…
ah yes, what work does to us "formerly sane" people...we turn to diet sodas and chocolate...sad.
K Ashley, I just stumbled across your blog through Lindsay's and it is darling! It is so fun to see what you two have been up to. I don't know if I have seen you since your wedding, so Congrats! if i haven't already said it. Anyway, I don't know if you talk to Mike and Bridget at all, but you should talk Bridget into blogging (I am sure you probably talk to them more than we do). I am going to link you to my blog so I can always see what is up with you two.

Popular Posts