Marital Bliss = Nerf Gun Battles


So a lot of people write books, articles, and theories about how to solve marital disputes. Someone has yet to discover the value of nerf guns in marital bliss. We recently purchased two machine gun nerf guns. We've found that this is the most efficient and semi-painless way to solve our disputes. Take the closet dilemma for example: The other day we were trying to decide who got the best side of the closet. In reality both sides are identical, however, the side Blair wanted just seemed more appealing to me for some reason. I think I was one of those children that always wanted everything everybody else had :) At any rate, rather than arguing about it, we both strapped on our velcro nerf proof vests and loaded up the amo. The rules of marital nerf games are that you can't pull off any of the bullets that stick to your vest. At the end of the game, the person with the most bullets stuck to their vest loses. Halfway through our battle I started to realize that my aim wasn't as good as my hubby's. I therefore started to casually pull off the bullets that were stuck to my vest when he wasn't looking. By the end of the battle, the front side of my vest was bullet-free. My heart lept with joy as I imagined my clothes on the coveted side of the closet!! When we ripped off our vests at the end of the game Blair pulled off my vest and revealed the 30 bullets stuck to the BACK of my vest!! I'd been deceived. Well, I lost this battle...But with a few more practices at my aim, I'm sure to get my side of the closet back in no time!

Comments

mccall said…
I have to be honest, I discovered this blog a while ago, but it was before you had updated it. To be honest, I didn't think you'd be be real computer savvy with it, so I never checked it again! I'm excited to read about my best friends' lives! P.S... I love those earrings at the Beez game... super cute. Love ya!
Kalli Ko said…
ahahahaha... I am SO going to try this.
dustin said…
Be careful you two. Don't forget to put on the "nerf-proof" vests or somebody might get hurt.

Popular Posts