Maddy Turns 1!

Maddy's first birthday was a great one.  Just one week shy of her first birthday, she finally started to crawl and it seemed like her personality blossomed overnight with her new found autonomy and independence.  We loved watching her discover things and roam around the house by herself for the first time. My sister Kami and her girls, Jessica, Sariah, and Clara all came down to our house from Ohio for Maddy's birthday. It was so fun having them here! I especially appreciated having my sister in town to help me with all of the last-minute preparations for the party.  Blair is always super helpful on these occasions, but there's something unique about having a sister around in times of party planning stress.  She just knew where to jump in and clean, cook, and take care of Maddy while I was busy.  She is the best!

Several families (around 40 people I think!) came to help celebrate Maddy's special day.  My friend Molly made the gorgeous cake and cupcakes and we made the rest.  We made sure to include Maddy's favorite foods - hummus, carrots, and fruit.  In fact, when it came time for Maddy to eat or smash her cake, she wanted nothing to do with it.  She reached for the hummus and veggies instead.  I have a feeling this will be the only birthday where that happens!

As we cleaned up the house and all of the guests had gone home, my mind drifted back to where we were a year ago on that same day. We were in a quiet hospital, holding our precious angel for the first time.  I am humbled by God's grace in allowing us to be parents to our sweet little girl. This year has been the best year of our lives! Maddy, you are loved beyond words.















Comments

Popular Posts