Houston Trip






















Last Friday I jumped on a plane and headed to Houston to visit my dear friends Laurie and Brett. Laurie and I were randomly paired as roommates in college and I haven't seen her since her darling twin toe-heads were just little babies. I had an absolute blast catching up with Laurie and reminiscing about all of our college days, playing with their hilarious little twins, snuggling with little Lilly, and taking their family pictures. I only wish we lived closer so we could do this more often. Love you guys! Thanks for such a fun trip.  A few highlights from the trip:

At nighttime, the girls would knock on the wall next to me and yelp, "Ashley? Are you sleep?"  I would say "No, are you?"  They would respond with the obvious "No."  Several seconds of silence would go by and the girls would say, "Well, what are you gonna do next?!"

The girls kept forgetting my name the first few days and referred to me as Mommie's friend, Everybody, and sometimes they would just draw a complete blank when they tried to say my name during a prayer.  They eventually caught on and added an extra letter to my name.  I will now be known as "Asherly".

Laurie and I loved reminiscing about our college days.  It was fun to laugh about our dating dramas and how grateful we are that we ended up with our husbands.

We had a barbecue at Laurie's parents house and went swimming in their pool.  I was impressed by what good swimmers her girls are.  They're seriously going to be Olympic athletes!

We ate delicious Mexican food one night and had a fun time taking family pictures.

You can check out their family pictures here.

In sum, my time with them was very sweet.  























And here are a few pictures I stole from Laurie





















Taking a nap with Kate after a long morning taking pictures.




Comments

Laurie said…
I wished you lived closer too! We had a wonderful time, thanks again for coming. I look at our pictures about 100 times a day I love them so much. Check out my blog, I got some cute ones of you and the girls. We miss you!!
Hale-O There said…
What darling girls, I love the blue eyes and blonde hair. There is nothing like reconnecting with old frieds and I'm glad you got to get away to do it.
swedishladybug said…
Sorry, but you don't know me ... I'm just a fellow lds in Cyberspace, and somehow I stumbled across your blog ... maybe it was the name that caught my attention. So, I have shamelessly been stalking you through some of your adventures in Grenada. I've loved reading your fun, interesting, and inspiring posts! I just wanted to thank you and say ... happy writing!

Popular Posts