Willis Household Update





































I suppose it's time for a Willis household update:

Blair just completed his first round of midterms in his 5th term of medical school!! I'm so proud of his diligence and hard work in medical school.  I'm telling you this guy is going to be one handsome and smart doctor.  I better get a job at the hospital just to ward off any female predators.

I've become a bit of a granola these days.  My goal is to do at least one outdoorsy adventure each week.  So far, the girls and I have hiked to the upper falls at Concord and made the treacherous three hour hike up to the top of Mt. Qua Qua.  This week I think we're planning to do something a little more on the mellow side and give our quads a break.  Virgin pina coladas on the beach maybe? 

Seminary continues to go well.  We've now started another seminary program on the northern part of the island in Happy Hill.  It's so fun to see the CES program growing here on the island.  I'm so proud of what these kids are doing and the way they're growing.  I'm also training a new teacher who will take over my class when I leave.  She is an absolute riot and I've loved getting to spend time with her three days a week.  The kids adore her.

We've had a bunch of meetings lately discussing our transition to Blair's clinical years.  We'll leave Grenada for the last time on May 17th and come home to Utah for three months.  We're hoping to live in Grandma Willis's basement while Blair studies for the USMLE Step 1 Exam.  I'll hopefully find some temporary work and spend time with family.  Near August 1st we find out where we'll be living for the next two years.  We'll either be going to New York, New Jersey, or Michigan.  I'm hoping for either New York or New Jersey.  I'd love to live near the big city for two years and I think my job prospects there should be pretty good.  No offense to Detroit, but Eminem's Chrysler Super Bowl commercial just wasn't a convincing sales pitch for me.  Sorry Detroit... Good luck making more cars. 

As the fundraiser coordinator for the S.O. Board this semester, I'm busy cooking up ways to make money for local orphanages, after school programs, and a host of other entities in need of dollar signs.  We're doing some fun things with the photography fundraiser money we made last term that I'll update you on in a few weeks.

We're receiving our first visitor to the island this week!!! Blair's brother Ryan is coming to visit us and we couldn't be more excited.  Tonight over dinner I showed Blair our itinerary complete with a boat cruise, snorkeling, massages, waterfalls, hikes, beaches, and delicious dinners.  If you can't tell, I'm trying to convince the rest of you lazy butts to get down here and pay us a visit!!!! No pressure...

Comments

Zane and Lexi said…
I'll pretend you didn't offend...
Don't dis "D" town till you've been here!
Just FYI we are praying you HERE :)
Andrea said…
Those picutures are absolutely amazing! I would love to go on that hike. I also love your photography style. Your can-do attitude is so infectious. If only I could develop my talents like you do.
Mike and Kim said…
How exciting for you guys! Good luck with all your new changes and adventures.

Popular Posts