Someday Just A Memory

Yesterday I was sitting on the beach reading a book and scribbling down thoughts. I was enjoying the turquoise water and the warm sand between my toes, but part of me was sulking about the fact that I no longer have deadlines to meet or work projects to accomplish. In an instant a simple thought came to me and caused me to change my attitude.

One day all of this will be a memory that you'll hardly be able to remember. You'll wish you could picture the ocean in your mind or remember the names of the faces you loved. Someday this will just be a memory...

We're nearing our one year anniversary of living in Grenada and I can't help but feel an immense sense of gratitude for how this tiny island has molded our lives. This week I feel grateful for our Grenadian friends who have taught us so much about making it through tough times, counting our blessings, and enjoying life to its fullest.

I hope that during our final year of living here we can soak up all that we were intended to learn and experience here. I hope that we can appreciate our challenges here instead of griping about them. I hope that we can make memories that will be hard to forget.

Me and one of the young women from church.

Ash & Vonet

Playing basketball with the youth.

Ash B-ball

Losing basketball to twirps half my size.

Ash B-ball 1

Baking in the kitchen with my handy assistant. Couldn't you just kiss his cheeks off?!!! Oh my...

Ash & Renny

Comments

Zane and Lexi said…
It's true. Every night Zane and I climb into bed we try and remember our little island life. We truly miss it so so much. Enjoy it for us! We live it through your blog and photos :)

P.S. I LOVE your new place :)
Mike and Kim said…
Oh my that little girl is so adorable! I could see how you could just fall in love with the people there.

Popular Posts