A Dreary Lullaby


{photo courtesy of Mr. Google}

It's a delightfully dreary day in Grenada and we're soaking up the much needed water from the skies. Nothing makes me feel quite as chipper as a good rain storm. Grenada rain storms always feel like a two-year-old suddenly throwing a tantrum in the supermarket. The storm is unpredictable, wildly torrential, and although the watery fury lasts only a few minutes, it's enough to send you home soaked and disheveled.

This weather leaves me contemplative and hungry. Hungry for hot chocolate and toast with extra butter. Hungry for a book that will take me away to a dark and heavy place. Hungry for music that can play a rainstorm ballad. I'll take care of the beverage and the book. Will you take care of the music? I feel like I need some new music. Please write the top five bands/songs that you're listening to these days. I'd love to see what makes your eardrums smile.

Ready. set. go.

Comments

mccall said…
i love imogen heap.

i also am in love with a song called "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles.

coldplay is always good to listen to in the rain.
It's a delightfully snowy day here in P-town!
Top Music:
Eva Cassidy (!!)
Curious George Soundtrack
Crooked Still
Nickel Creek
Eric Bibb-"Connected" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acupXlmu9zI)
For your bonus track, you can check out this cool rain song & music video- Patty Griffin, "Rain" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFbjE7NFmUI)
We want to G-chat with you guys sometime soon! Hope you're doing well!
Unknown said…
Today, Shiny Toy Guns. Other recent days, Emiliana Torrini and Lykke Li. I think I'm on a girly vocals kick.
Maren said…
The new dashboard album is really good. And I normally wouldn't recommend Pearl Jam but their new album is great- especially Just Breathe. Other than that I just listen to my same old stuff S&G, James Taylor, and oldies like that.
Ashley said…
Mare - I'm not usually a big Dashboard fan, but I just bought the song 'Even Now' and I kind of love it.

Jen - I just looked up Emiliana Torrini and loved her. Thanks!

Cally - I only have a few songs by imogen heap...I'll have to get some more.

A&A - That song by Eric Bibb was cool. I've never heard that before.

Love you all.
Milk said…
The rain probably stopped by now, but here's a few for the next storm.
Ashley said…
Milk - loved every single song on that list. Obrigada!
Marce said…
I'm amazed how well you understand toddler tantrums. your description fit one of Ellie's tantrums yesterday. wow. you are amazing.

music....give me a minute or two...and i'll be back with some faves.

xoxo
Brandon said…
You described Nicholas' temper tantrums to a T. Unpredictable and will leave you absolutely disheveled. You don't know how long they will last and what will cause it. Very nicely done.

1) Josh Groban
2) Jon McLaughlin
3) Collin Raye
4) Garth Brooks
5) FM 100 Christmas Music (sadly)

Popular Posts