LOST. POST DATE BUTTERFLIES.

I'm embarrassed by how giddy LOST made me tonight. I turned the TV off and realized, "I think I have butterflies in my stomach." I felt like a teenage girl, just walking in the door from a date. I wanted to put on a t-shirt, pour a bowl of cereal, and tell my big sister all the gooshy details. But wait...In reality none of my big sisters are obsessively into LOST like I am. They wouldn't know what to say if I called them to talk about Sawyer. How could they? They're much more mature than I am.

So right as I was nearly bursting with girlish giddiness and dying to talk to someone about the thickening plot, the phone rang.

"Hello?" I asked as I picked up the phone and questioned the unfamiliar number.

"Did you watch Lost, Ash?" my friend Laurie implores from all the way in Texas.

"Yes!!" I squeal.

And then we spent the next 30 minutes giggling and swapping theories over the phone.

Thank goodness for old roommates who justify my obsessions and give me someone to giggle with.

Love you, Laurie! Thanks for calling tonight and we hope to see you soon!

Comments

Rachel said…
So...do you have any good theories? Let's talk! I'm going crazy this season.
Marce said…
if i had your number i would have called you to talk about it.

and we would have talked about how crazy james le fleur looked with flat-ironed hair and a freshly shaven face. and we would have talked about his-totally-not-over-kate face at the end of the show. and we would have talked about how annoying it was that we didn't get to see john and ben see each other for the first time since his...resurrection (? is that what you would have called it)...and we would have talked about a lot of other crazy stuff because LOST is the craziest most addicting show ever.

and then i would have told you how much i miss you. because i do.
Laurie said…
Ha! I had no question who to call. Ashley, I'm still giddy. Sawyer is the new Jack (if you ask me).
Laurie said…
By the way, Brett thinks the baby that was born is going to be Ben. I don't know, could be. Funny thing is I woke up the next morning still thinking about it, and realizing new things. Do you think Lock is alive now cause they went back in time? The more I think about it, the more questions I have!!
mccall said…
Wow, crazy LOST fans in the house. I've never seen this show, but all this has almost made me want to rent the first season.

Popular Posts