High School Tag

Tagged by McCall and Maren.

I have high school amnesia and am kind of embarrassed to recall some of these memories.

Oh well. What could be worse than the booger ball confession, right? Here it goes.



High School: Davis High School


1. Did you date someone from your high school: Yep. I suppose the Smoot era was the longest. I mostly just casually dated and had fun with a lot of people. Nothing too serious...

2. What kind of car did you drive? : A white Chevy truck - perfect for camping up Farmington Canyon and four wheeling in the mud with my girl friends. lol. Our camping excursions usually ended with us freaking ourselves out and camping out in someone's front yard instead.

3. What is your most embarrassing moment in high school?: Gosh. So many to choose from... I have a little bit of a bladder problem. My first day of cheer practice I really had to go pee but my Nazi coach said I couldn't go. Needless to say, 10 minutes and 25 toe touches later I had left my mark on the gym floor. The Nazi let me go to the bathroom EVERY time I asked after that experience.

4. Were you a party animal?: No. I think I was a pretty mellow chick.

5. Were you considered a flirt?: No. I've always been a little awkward in that arena.

6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?: I was in choir with some girlfriends my sophomore year. I don't remember much about that other than being pretty sure that the songs sounded better when I just mouthed it.

7. Were you a nerd? : Yes. Two experiences inducted me in to the nerd club: An older kid told me one day that I dressed like his mom. Just what every 16 year old wants to hear, right? Second, we had to memorize a poem in my junior English class. I felt pretty passionate about my poem so I stood up on top of my desk to read it instead of just standing in front of the class. Very nerdy.

8. Were you on any varsity teams? : I was a cheerleader.

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? : If I did, good ol' Marsha bailed me out.

10. Can you still sing the fight song? : Toe touch and all!

11. Who were your favorite teachers? : Mr. Gibs and Mr. Miller. Everyone made fun of me, but I had a secret crush on Gibs. Ha ha. I think I was more in love with the subject he was teaching than I was with him.

12. Where did you sit during lunch?: Random places. Jake's Over the Top, Bowmans, cafeteria, home, wherever the grub was.

13. School Mascot?: DART!

14. Did you go to homecoming and with who?: Brian Hansen and Dan Hirst.

15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? : Yes. Pretty sure that whole high school gig is necessary to get into college so...yes. Plus, it was a lot of fun! I'd totally do it again.

16. What do you remember most about graduation?: Finding out about Holly passing away. Feeling like I was on the edge of big dreams.


17. Where did you go senior skip day?: No idea.

18. Have you gained weight since then?: Yesh.

19. Who was your prom date?: JC Smoot, JC Smoot, Blair Willis :)

20. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion?: I'm pretty sure we'll be halfway across the country by then and I doubt we'll fly back for that.

21. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself?: Give that Willis boy a chance! He's the most wonderful friend you'll ever find!

Comments

mccall said…
That advice you gave to yourself was sweet :-) I love it, thanks for the walk down memory lane! Good times, we had!

P.S... what happened to you last night? I waited up all night for you....
Blair said…
McCall, I'm so sorry about Friday! Did you really wait up all night? by the time Blair got out of work it was late and I was afraid to call. Since you were sick I didn't want to wake you up. Sorry!!!
Blair said…
I'm pretty sure we dated in high school ash.
Ashley said…
Nope. Pretty sure we were just friends, Willis. Nice try though.
Sure, "just friends"....that's what we're going to tell our kids too!!
Can't wait to see you in a couple days!!! AHHHHH...
Hey ash!
It is so nice to hear from you! What have you been up to? Where are you living? Your most embarassing moment about peeing on the floor in cheer practice had me rolling on the floor. Those were fun days! We need to keep in touch.
Blair said…
Just friends my eye.
Ashley said…
lol. you're ridiculous! aren't you supposed to be working?!
Maren said…
haha... nice embarrassing moment Ash! I love that you couldn't control your bladder. I wonder how it'll be when you get preggers. hahah! That's hilarious... and, as for mine, passing notes in class and having your friends send your messages to your "boyfriend" for you, doesn't really constitute dating, does it?
Amber and Matt said…
Ashley Holding...well not Holding any longer..how the heck are ya. You served your mission with my favorite cousin Liz Kennedy. I found your blog from Stefs and glad I did. How have you been? and what have you been up to?

Check out our blog if you get a chance, it's nothing fancy, amberandmatt.blogspot.com

So nice to find you friend don't be a stranger.
Amber Keisel Adams
Blair said…
okay ash... Here's what we'll do. We'll ask any friend from high school (or family)who might read this to cast their vote: Did Blair and Ashley date in high school? What do you think?
Laurie said…
I think so, but I wasn't there
Oh Nazi coaches. Wasn't that good times, being in the regime?!

Yea, I'm glad we can stay in touch now! You are so cute! As for the dating controversy, I only remember the Smoot era...oh, you've come so far. Good job :)
Marce said…
i loved reading this post...brought back lots of memories :)

and yes, when i think of you and blair, the words "they dated" come to mind...

Popular Posts